Ok ok ok...

Okkkkaaaayyy.  Yeah, I have gone to write this post about...seven times.  And because of it, I now have drafts saved all over the place on this website because...well, apparently, I'm just a little to distracted a little too easily. 


SQUIRREL!


Sorry, couldn't resist.


Anyway, it feels as though a thousand things have happened since the millions of years ago (I may exaggerate time to time...) in which I actually updated this blog.  For one, They're Playing Our Song closed and Matt and I had to say goodbye to some truly awesome people and new friends (luckily, some of them live in NY!).   My third tech at the SCRT has come and gone.  My last opening night was last night and it was for Fox on the Fairway.  The Aurora Colorado shooting in the cinema at the midnight shooting has unfortunately happened.  From which I have a family member's friend and a cast member's child's friend who have both been unjustly murdered and passed.  The Chick-Fil-A...whatever you call it...has exploded in politics, on Facebook, and within every person's YouTube channel and everyday conversation.  


And I have gone on amazing adventures.  I have gone to Sante Fe.  I have hiked many trails.  I have gotten the chance to wake up to the person I am so incredibly in love with for two months in a row.  Matt and I have done the entire Highway of Legends and we also spent a good amount of time his wonderful parents and their puppy, Blue.


Next week, Matt and I plan to go to Taos.  I will shop in Pueblo.  We will see my Aunt Chris again and my wonderful Moma.  We will go to Denver.  Matt will mountain climb with some friends.  


And then we'll go back to New York.  


Wow.  


How...?


It's amazing how wonderfully beautiful and sad and thought provoking the world truly is. I couldn't help but for days after the Aurora shooting feeling some sort of loss, even though I had not lost one person in the shooting.  I couldn't help but think of how I would react in such a situation.  Or how those around me would react.  Would someone try to save my life?  Or better yet, would I try to save someone else's?  I suppose we can never know unless we are forced into such a horrible atmosphere.  I will say that my heart goes out to those who lost their lives and to the families and friends of those young people who are trying to cope with such an unrepairable loss.


It's amazing how much and how EASY it has been for me and Matt to not only live together, but work together, spend pretty much twenty four hours together and not once have we wanted to 'kill' each other.  How simple it can be when it can be so right.


It's amazing that we're going back to New York.  When I left my previous contract, I couldn't wait to get back to New York.  Part of it had been the feeling of being in one place for too long, part of it was being overworked, over stressed, and just plain burnt out...to the point where I had considered quitting the business completely.  


Yet, coming here with Matt and having such an uplifting and positive experience has reinforced my love for the theatre and those in it.  I've enjoyed it so much, I literally told Matt that I wasn't ready to go back to New York.  Or to live away from him.  Or to find a "real" job.  This is my real job.  So why can't it always be my job?  


Of course, I do miss my home.  My bed.  My roommate.  My neighborhood.  The excitement of it all.  And I do know that when I do return, I feel my sense of belonging, I'll still be waking up next to him, and that I will be happy to be back.


But until then, I'm going to make my last two weeks in Colorado as long as humanly possible.


Love love,
Adrienne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...