Forever Young


Forever young.  

The above image is one that, if I am ever brave enough (let's just say, I won't be sober), it'll be the tattoo that I will have engraved on my body.

Buuuttt, I have a feeling that won't be anytime soon.  

I freely admit that I am a 100% little girl/scared chicken/pathetic case when it comes to pain, especially involving needles.  Passing out is often involved when I'm getting a shot of any kind...

Shameeee.

Anyhoo, I bring this up because I have been absolutely astonished with two particular people I share the stage with in On Golden Pond.  Clyde, who portrays Norman, the ornery old man and Diane, who plays his consistently positive wife, Ethel, are two of the finest actors I have had the pleasure to share the stage with.  They are also two people who have an abundant amount of energy that is not only amazing, but refreshing and uplifting.  I only hope that when I am in 77, like Clyde, I will be half as energetic but will continue with the same zest for life and culture like he does.  I hope that when I'm in my early 60s I am still constantly perfecting my craft but using my little girl voice when I want to be cute or want ice cream like Diane.  Again, I wish these two knew how much I have learned from them in three/four short weeks.  It has been an absolute pleasure and delight and with that said, I am sad to see this show close next weekend.  

On a positive note, our opening was last weekend and we received more than one standing ovation.  What a great feeling.  Below are some pictures from the production.   













 And what's an opening without a girl's trusty frog, Ribbit, and her important cup o' water in her Red Arrow sippy?



And what's opening night without being completely SPOILED by your AMAZING boyfriend with a breakfast bowl (and coffee) in bed the day of the show?  


Or game of cribbage?  :)



Like said before, our show was, and still is being received incredibly well.  After the opening, we had a chance to get dressed up (yes, Matt wore a purple tie to match my pretty purple dress) and greet our audience, as well as have some food and plenty of wine to go around.  











Below is the AWESOME display put up in the lobby.  I have to say, I felt pretty important. :)


After opening, we were able to make a quick trip up to Denver to hang out with my awesome godmother, Chris.  We got to see downtown Denver, shop (there unfortunately isn't much of that here in Trinidad, so I was pretty darn excited to hop into an H&M!), drive up to Boulder and see some beautiful scenery, and enjoy some real family time by grilling veggies and laughing over wine.  

I love having work but I love even more when I'm able to see family where I travel to and having my godmother only three hours away is such a treat.  Let's be real, it's family and fun that makes life worth living in the end anyway, isn't it?








The next time I post, I'll be sharing more about They're Playing Our Song (the second show here that we're both involved with) and hopefully be able to post some video of my choreography and our rehearsal process.  You heard me, I'm the choreographer.  

Heck YEA.

Until next time!

Love love,
Adrienne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...