On the Road Againnnnn!

Hello one and all!

Well, we made it!  Hooray!  

After some super long hours in the car...lots of Starbuck energy drinks drunken by me and plenty of Five Hour Energy's gulped down by Matthew...we MADE it.  Thank the Lord.

Luckily, on the way, I was able to meet my beautiful niece, Amelia and visit with my brother and sister in law.  See below.  (I swear to God that she smiled AFTER we took this hysterical picture...)




And after that, we made it to Matthew's parents house in Ohio to have a evening of an amazing meal prepared by Mama Rose (I am just saying...Matt...you need to get that recipe...!), a wonderful sweet face dog named Blue (Below!), and a comfortable place to relax and hang out with Matt's family.  



 


And fast forward to Colorado...below the sign that cheeringly greets us as we crossed the state line.



And once we tiredly rolled into the little town of Trinidad, Matt's mouth dropped as to the beautiful region that surrounded us, or moreover rocks and the mountains that he is now beyond ecstatic to climb and conquer, while memories flooded my mind.  I worked for the Southern Colorado Repertory Theatre six years ago, which is still shocking that for one, it was that long ago and two, how much I have done and grown up since then.  Crazy talk, really.  


However, this time, we are living in a convent instead of the local community college dorm rooms.  


Oh, yes.  You read right.  A convent.  I hate to say it, but I'm living with my boyfriend in a convent.  You can do the math as to how funny that may be.


That aside, the convent is very cozy and Matt and I have arranged our room to our liking.  Shockingly, with our two fans constantly running, we can get chilly at night and enjoy the beautiful sunshine during the days.  Everything is walking distance and soon we will have the internet hooked up the house (a lot of the reason I haven't been able to blog much since we got here).  In fact, I think I can get pretty used to this convent living.  


Well.  Maybe...


Now we are two days into rehearsals and I am floored by this talented and brilliant cast .  I am not only loving them and this show, but just adoring the chance I have now gotten to really getting to sink my teeth into some real emotion and lines.  I love dancing and the musicals I have under my belt, but there is something to be said about the feeling of a scene...about getting the lines right but more importantly, the message and subtext behind every line for my character.


I just love it.


Alrighty, it's almost lunch break and back to grind we will go!  Enjoy some fun pictures from the road trip here.  And until next time, hopefully very soon.  :)







Love love,
Adrienne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...