And so it begins...

I've always considered myself a writer.  Well, I take that back.  I am a good writer and enjoy writing, but I have never wanted to admit it.  Or, better yet, actually force myself to have enough patience or drive to sit for more than five minutes...  


Those who know me well, know that I constantly carry notebooks around (in my 2002-SERBA-torn-blue-small as all get out-no support on my back backpack) with me.  Whether I'm on the subway or walking home past Martha's Bakery, (or maybe occasionally going into Martha's Bakery...) I am constantly scribbling things down.  Things that I want to remember or write about:  to do lists, auditions, poetry, phone numbers, jobs, city restaurants that I spot and want to go to at some point, brilliant ideas to make world peace, websites people tell me about...the list could go on for days.  Basically, I jot down anything and everything that's going on in my life in these cheap, usually pink, spiral, miniature notebooks that I have even doodled on the front and back of (but have been partially rubbed off due worn use in my bag and in my hands.).  And then, as if that's not crazy and annoying enough, I feel compelled to keep my journals with me everywhere I go because, well, what if I need that info from the first notebook for something today or worse, tomorrow?


However, since I've injured my foot (a slight sprain on the right foot-no one freak out!) I've discovered that I have no choice but to sit.  A lot.  Which drives.  Me.  Insane.  BUT the last few weeks, although it has tested my patience, I've slowly discovered the beauty in sitting.  Being.  I've written a lot on my computer and perhaps in the future, I will move those thoughts from my little word documents to this internet/blog world.


Nevertheless, I've always loved writing and have always said that I would start a blog.  But, like a diet, I have always said I would start tomorrow.  But NOW, I have an excuse to write!  Huzzah!  I actually have a reason and a certain drive to keep up with it and apply my work of sitting for the last few weeks.  Most of you know, but I have a very soon trip to Italy!  That's right folks-I'm going to Italy with my wonderful godmother, my Aunt Chris.  A woman that I look up to and am so blessed to offer and plan an amazing trip for US.  I am so ecstatic I can barely contain it!  


And now I'm even more ecstatic to keep my thoughts, experiences, adventures, ideas, 3 week life in Italy on "paper".  I look forward to updating all of you about everything but actually, I think am doing this even more for myself.  So that I have it.  So I can look back and share it with other people.  So that when I do leave Italy (IF I leave Italy...) I can go back and read about my thoughts, experiences, adventures, ideas, and 3 week life in Italy...and experience it all over again.  


That is, until I go back. 


Until Saturday.  Buona sera!


Love love,
Adrienne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...