There's No Turning Back Now...

It's time.  There's no denying it.  There's no turning back.  After blogging this entry, in approximately 8 hours and 55 mins, Chris and I will arrive in Venice, Italy and be immediately put into a water taxi.  In ITALY.  Holy.  Crap.

It's funny that we have both been preparing for this trip for about two months now.  Funny enough, however, I discovered that all I have prepped for is really coming back to NYC.  I have been working sun up to sun down basically for a month, working my tush off to make up for the money I know I will need when I get back and the money that I know I will blow when I'm gone.  (I keep repeating to myself "It's Moneywellspent,moneywellspent,moneywellspent..." x 100...) 

But I didn't really prep for leaving, per se.  Like it or not, this the first time, since I left home for college, that I really felt like I was leaving my home.  New York City.  My home.  My apartment.  My new found life in the city.  I am leaving it today.  It's not like leaving a contract or college or even my parent's house.  It's my home now and I'm attached to it and even though it can be exhausting, crazy, and expensive, it's my home and this is the first time I've left in 5 months.  I HAVE LIVED IN NEW YORK CITY FOR FIVE MONTHS.  What?  Is that crazier or is it crazier that I'll be in Venice in less than a day?  I know not the answer...

But alas.  Apartment.  Boyfriend.  New York City.  Blockheads.  Roommate.  Life.  I know I'll be back before I am probably ready to be.  But it's an interesting thought that came across my mind today while rolling my suitcase to the overworked Delta attendant.  Oh, Delta. 

So, here's to one hell of a long flight.  Drinks and hopefully sleeping on a plane.  Here's to arriving in a country.  To new beginnings.  To an awesome life experience/trip.  To making choices.  To making mistakes.  To having the time of my life and to having a home to come back to. 

Leaving with a quote from Mr. DuMont tonight:  "Be safe, but not too safe.  Live."

Done and done baby. 

Till we arrive in Venice, ciao!

Love love,
Adrienne    

Comments

  1. So thrilled for you! Roger and I are going to Venice in the fall so iwill hang on your every word! You are, indeed, a wonderful writer and this is not only something I didn't know about you, but it is a shared love! Writing has always been a Passion of mine, too! I promise when you get back, I will give you the recipe for Stupid Dessert! Have fun and be sure to mange alot of gelato for me! Love, MamaBird

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...