A Workout and a Sensible Bloody Mary

This morning I taught the apprentice dance class.  Such hard workers.  I forget how much I love to teach and see improvement in children in dance until I actually start teaching and think, "Man, I am pretty dang good at this!"  

So, anyway, successful morning with great kids.  Then, I knew that Tommy was getting his hair cut right down the street immediately following my class.  I had planned to go to the good ol' YMCA (insert song and dance here) but decided to pop in to see his hair cut.

Sure enough, I end up lounging behind the stylist talking and making friends with not only Christy, his stylist, but all of the hair stylists.  We talk about day drinking, the Palace, and so forth.

Sigh.

Of course.

Signal:  Danger.

I did not go to the gym.  Yep...shameful I know.  (But I did teach dance class!  I'll keep saying that over and over and see if it works...)  Instead, we continued to talk to Christy, Tommy's stylist, as to where to get a good brunch and she directed us to The Republic.  

After Tommy was cut, shaven, and looking very sexy and I, just as attractive (note sarcasm) in my frumpy akward layers of hoodies, leggings, and sweatshirts, we made our way to The Republic in downtown Manch.  Luckily, I have no one to impress here nor even if I did, would care about my ensemble.

Um.  Let me first say...the Republic has freaking AWESOME bloody marys!  And an equally awesome bartender, Bari.  Everything at this restaurant is organic or comes from local farms and after she informed us of that detail, we decided to order lunch.

Again, freaking amazing.

As we start to talk, the bartender tell us that she is from Virginia.  A southerner!  Huzzah!  After this discovery, I immediately tell her that I have been desperate for sweet tea and she tells me that they have a certain combo that make it just like tea I am craving.

I look at her with puppy dog eyes and say, "Well, thank you very much but...it's just not the same."

About five minutes later, she returns with a half glass and says, "Try that."

I do.

Um.  It WAS sweet tea!  I mean, basically.  And it sure as heck tasted just liked it!

I guzzle down the glass with the excitement of a child and she laughs when she comes back and asks if I'd like another.  Before she even finishes her question to me I answer with a full hearted, "YES!"



So.  Successful dance class.  Successful haircut.  Successful sweet tea.  Successful new brunch place.  


And as for the Patron bottle in the back of that picture?  Let's just say that it was a great afternoon.


;)


Love love,
Adrienne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Behind...

Um...

I'm Italian...I swear...